The Ring of Fire ultramarathon is a new multiday stage race taking place in North Wales for the first time in 2012
ANGLESEY will be the location for one of the UK’s most extreme endurance tests next year as some of the world’s toughest runners will attempt to tackle the island’s coastline.
The three day, 131 mile Ring of Fire ultra marathon will circumnavigate the island and test runners to their limits over a variety of terrain including sand dunes, cliff tops and forests.
- Day 1 – 32 miles – Holyhead to Amlwch Port – 10 hours time limit
- Day 2 – 64 miles – Amlwch Port to Aberffraw – 22 hours time limit
- Day 3 – 35 miles – Aberffraw to Holyhead – 12 hours time limit
- Each stage has 16 checkpoints/aid stations,
- Vertical ascent 13.695 feet
- Accomodation is provided at the end of each stage
- Start 31st August 2012 13:00
- Finish September 2nd 18:00
- UTMBQ – 4 points
Checkout the maps and all the details at www.ringofire.co.uk/