Product Review Terms & Conditions
1. As a member of the Ultrarunning World Review Panel (UWRP), manufacturers who sell running-related products will send a free product to selected members of the UWRP for them to use and then rate and review in Ultrarunning World magazine. Members of the UWRP are not expected to pay anything to be on the panel.
2. If you agree to be a member of the UWRP, you agree for Ultrarunning World to provide your contact details to manufacturers or other trusted third parties who will send you products to review or test. Your contact details will not be used for any other purpose other than to send you free products to test.
3. By being part of the UWRP, you agree to receive a free product from a manufacturer, test the product and then rate/ review that product for Ultrarunning World.
4. Ultrarunning World are not committing to a minimum or maximum amount of free products you will receive on a monthly basis. Products will be sent randomly as and when a manufacturer wants the UWRP to rate and review a product or when we choose to make such a review.
5. Members of the UWRP will be reviewed on a regular basis. If a member of the panel has received a product to test but has not rated/reviewed the product and submitted that article to Ultrarunning World, they will be removed from the UWRP.
6. If a member of the UWRP receives a product to test, they must leave a review within 14 days of receiving a product, unless the product requires a longer amount of time to test in which case this will be communicated accordingly when a member receives the product. If the situation changes for the UWRP member after or upon receipt of a product they should inform the editor of Ultrarunning World as soon as possible.
7. Products received as a member of the product testing panel cannot be exchanged, or refunded for cash in Ultrarunning World or any other retailer.
8. All reviews sent to Ultrarunning World will be subject to ratings and reviews Terms and Conditions (found here: https://www.ultrarunningworld.co.uk/help/rating-and-reviews/).
9. Ultrarunning World accepts no responsibility for products that are misused by panelists during the process of testing or the results of this misuse.
10. If a member of the consumer panel receives a product that is damaged, then the member can contact Ultrarunning World at (email@example.com) where Ultrarunning World will arrange for another product to be sent to them (subject to availability).
11. An existing member of the consumer testing panel can be removed by the panel at any time by emailing their name to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
12. Samples received are for the panelist’s personal use only. Samples are not for onward sale. Ultrarunning World reserves the right to remove members from the panel if it’s believed that samples have been sold without Ultrarunning World’s prior permission.
Rating and reviews Terms and Conditions
By submitting any content to Ultrarunning World, you represent and warrant that:
• you are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
• all ‘moral rights’ that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
• all content that you post is accurate;
• you are the parent of any pictures or images of children submitted by you and that you consent to the use of such images.
You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
• that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
• that is racist;
• that is pornographic;
• that incites violence or cruelty to any and all forms of life;
• that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence;
• that infringes any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
• that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
• that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual or partnership.
• for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
• that includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or
• that contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to indemnify and hold Ultrarunning World (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant Ultrarunning World a, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Ultrarunning World and its third-party service providers may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
Ultrarunning World does not allow the contents of ratings and reviews and product question and answer comments to be used by third-party suppliers without our prior consent. For enquiries, please use the details below.
Ratings and reviews and product question and answer comments left on any products are subject to all of the above Terms and Conditions. They do not constitute the advice of a trained professional nor the opinions of Ultrarunning World.
The following is not acceptable on this site (these are not exclusive):
• Inappropriate or unsafe medical advice, including reference to inappropriate use of a medicine or medical device
• Disparaging reference to a product, company, institution or profession
• Reference to inappropriate use of a vitamin, mineral, supplement or other complementary healthcare product
• Medicinal claims made about a product which is not a medicine
• Excessive praise for a product likely to encourage others to over-use
• Messages which, in the editors/moderators view contains vulgar, offensive, sexually-orientated, racist or abusive language
• Messages which appear to be blatant advertisements
• Messages which cause offense or distress to anyone reading them (including where users have reported abuse on a post and our moderation team uphold the abuse report)
• Messages which contain personal details such as e-mail address, postal address or telephone number
• Messages which contain information which is misleading
• Messages which are posted with a username or profile image that could be deemed offensive
• We will not be able to post articles in any other language other than English
If UWRP members do not adhere to these guidelines we may decide not to use their submissions and/or remove them from the UWRP. Ultrarunning World reserves the right to delete any message or rating and review displayed on Ultrarunning World website or in Ultrarunning World magazine at any time, for any reason without notice.
Ultrarunning World reserves the right to delete or change these terms and conditions at any time, for any reason without notice.